HELP OTHERS, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Every position, every staff member makes a difference. Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the following position: PRN Human Resources Administrative Assistant
JOB SUMMARY OF THE PRN HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
goal of the PRN HR Administrative Assistant is to maximize productivity by
performing administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient
operations of the human resource department.
This position supports hiring processes by running background checks,
entering information into the HRIS system, and various clerical assignments. This is a PRN position, meaning that hours are varied each week depending on workflow and departmental needs.
The Ideal PRN Human Resources Administrative Assistant should possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, knowledge of office management systems and procedures, the ability to operate general office equipment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to type 60 words per minute.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PRN HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Education/Knowledge: High School or equivalent;
Associates Degree preferred. Knowledge of human resource policies and
employment law preferred.
Experience: Prior related office experience
preferred specifically with managing documents and databases.
Skills & Abilities:
to maintain confidential information.
- Regular attendance and ability to
start and end the workday at assigned time.
- Must be able to complete a large
amount of close computer data entry daily.
- Ability to communicate effectively
with coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to sit and stand for long
- Must be able to see with
correction, hear normal tones, and talk on phone and in person.
be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Professionalism & Teamwork
- Communicates effectively with all HR team members.
- Assists HR Departments in both Hamilton and Knox Counties.
- Embodies professionalism in appearance, communication, work ethic
and work quality.
- Adheres to all Policy and Procedures of McNabb Center.
- Demonstrates professionalism through responsiveness, a positive
work climate and cultural competency.
- Facilitates effective and accurate communication between
department team members.
- Actively participates in team
the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records and in
all HR matters.
clerical support to the HR department.
with preparation for new employee orientation.
with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment,
organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and
- Assists with reviewing new hire packets to verify all necessary
documents are included.
- Assists with personal and professional reference checks as needed.
- Completes background checks on incoming and current employee online and
notifies HR Coordinator of any convictions or a driving record that precludes
an applicant from employment eligibility based on P&P.
- Prints background checks, screening results, and other
documentation for personnel files and uploads to the HRIS.
- Occasionally responsible for:
- Registering new hires on TN New Hire website
- Entering new hires into K-Checks to screen for exclusion
- Completing I-9 form for new hires within 24 hours according to law
- Verifying new employee eligibility to work in USA using E-Verify
website within 3 days of hire
- Creating employment letters for new hires and sends with current
job description to new employee and their supervisor
- Assists in maintaining locked storage for paper personnel files,
including employees, agency staff, students, medical records, terminations, and
- Maintains complete personnel records to ensure compliance for
- Manages personnel file audits on site for greater Chattanooga
- Uploads documents to HRIS system as obtained from staff, both
at-hire and throughout employment.
General HR tasks
- Enters staff data to online databases as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining HRIS accuracy.
- Assists as needed during personnel file audits.
- Assists with special projects and duties assigned.