Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as a Navigator Recovery Specialist today!
Recovery Specialist is a team member
who will work within the hospital's emergency department at Morristown-Hamblen
Healthcare System and additional hospitals as identified, to engage individuals
who have recently overdosed and provide direct assistance with linkage to
substance abuse treatment, mental health treatment, and recovery support
- must be available on call to provide brief and immediate
intervention for individuals who come into the emergency department for
treatment of opioid overdose and/or revived by naloxone.
- will utilize
their personal recovery to help others, promote self-determination, personal
responsibility, and empowerment to motivate individuals to seek treatment.
- will use a harm reduction and continual engagement model as well as
motivational interviewing along with personal experience to increase readiness
- will supply literature and information on community
services in the area and provide appropriate education and linkage to needed
salary for this position is approximately $14.23 / hr based on relevant
experience and education.
- This position has a regular schedule of Monday to
Friday 8am to 5pm.
- There is no on-call for this position and employee is off on
Center designated holidays. In-person attendance is essential for this position
except in instances of approved time off.
- This position may be required to
attend events outside of the standard schedule.
- This position
requires utilizing a personal dependable vehicle to conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of
- An F Endorsement is required as staff members may be required to
provide transportation in their personal or Center owned vehicle.
- Staff members
are reimbursed for use of their vehicle for this purpose.
- This position
may be required to travel to out of state conferences/meetings as applicable.
- This position does require basic computer skills for timekeeping,
scheduling, and use of electronic medical records entry.
Navigator Recovery Specialist
have at least a HS Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, addictions, counseling, or related field is preferred.
- Has or is willing to obtain the State of
Tennessee Certified Peer Recovery Specialist Training, and complete the
following to be eligible for state certification:
- Attend the 5 day
training facilitated by State Certified Trainers
- Gain 75 hours of work or
volunteer experience in Peer Recovery services
Experience / Knowledge:
- Must be a primary
co-occurring disorders consumer with appropriate life experience and a desire
to be a role model for recovery.
- Experience with utilizing Motivational
Interviewing and peer counseling is preferred.
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in client engagement is preferred
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.