Help Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of
mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an
individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate
approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so,
we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the
following position: Foster Parent Trainer / Recruiter
Ideal Foster Parent Trainer / Recruiter performs
the following duties:
- Maintains oversight of foster
parent chart & foster home annual training hours required by policy
- Oversees annual reassessments and mandatory foster home background
- Plans and staffs Path and pre-service training
- Supervises investigation and selection of therapeutic foster homes
- Coordinates recruitment campaign for prospective foster homes,
i.e., networks with civic groups, local & area newspapers, field calls of
prospective parents, coordinates T.V. and radio exposure, etc.
- Prepares and facilitates annual training plan for foster
- Supervises matches of selected therapeutic foster parents and
- Manages Parent Training/Recruitment line item in TRACES budget.
for Foster Parent Home Study
approves, reapproves and opens parent charts as needed in TFACTS database
- Assists and supervises the coordination of special events, i.e.
Christmas Party, Summer Programming
- Plays a role in the on-call rotation for weekend coverage, e.g.,
back-up or primary
- Follows all policies in accordance to DCS Core Standards, PPM, and
- Follows all directives from immediate supervisor
salary for this position is approximately $17.28/hr based on relevant experience
QUALIFICATIONS - Foster Parent Trainer / Recruiter
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
in social work or related behavioral field with a preferred minimum of five (5)
years experience as a caseworker in child welfare.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Must have course work and or experience in the areas of
cultural diversity, human development, etiology and treatment of mental
illness, physical and sexual abuse, suicide, and developmental / intellectual
- Must have significant experience in foster care placement
and/or previous experience with supervising others.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal and soft tones.
- Close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should possess
the ability to relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect
- Excellent verbal,
written, and computer skills are necessary in order to work effectively and
collaboratively with clients, collaborating agencies, and community professionals,
as well as maintaining proper documentation.
- Clinical staff members
must possess reliable transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement
on driver's license, and transport clients.
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org) is a premier not-for-profit provider of
behavioral health services. The Center provides quality care and serves
all ages in a continuum of prevention, early intervention, social,
co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis services.
MC is an EOE. MC conducts
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also
perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate
supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves
the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover,
management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or
working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with
disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or
implied contract of employment.