HELP OTHERS, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the following position: Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) Case Manager
SUMMARY - FACT Case Manager
As a FACT Case Manager, you'd be responsible for:
· Providing referral information
· Agency linkage
· Community visits
· Assisting with obtaining permanent stable housing
· Follow-up services as defined by the Case Management Service Plan to individuals referred through the criminal justice system and having a mental health, substance use or co-occurring disorder.
· Provide crisis intervention and emergency services, as well as utilizes center-wide and community resources as needed for client benefit.
· Provide direct service delivery in the community within flexible hours.
· Interact and coordinate with criminal justice entities.
· Embrace the key values of case management: empowerment, normalization, rehabilitation, and continuity of care.
Compensation: Starting salary for this position is approximately $15.78 /hr based on relevant experience and education.
REQUIREMENTS - FACT Case Manager
Education/Knowledge: A Bachelor's degree in human services or related field
· One year experience in the social work and addictions field and/or behavioral health and criminal justice setting preferred.
· Must be able to perform job responsibilities on an independent level within non-traditional hours.
· Interface professionally with law enforcement and other identified agencies.
· Possess the ability to relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect and dignity.
· Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients, collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as maintaining proper documentation.
· Clinical staff members must possess reliable transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's license, and transport clients.
· Exposure to biological hazards.
· Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as close eye work.
· Valid driver's license.
· Lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
· Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
· To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal and physical de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care) that include a wide range of bodily movements including but not limited to grasping, holding another person, going down on knees, running, and walking.
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org) is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention, early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis services.
MC is an EOE. MC conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.