HELP OTHERS, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of
mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an
individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate
approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so,
we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the
following position: Education Specialist
at Katie Miller
SUMMARY - Education
- maintains various records and paperwork for the
- provides both administrative, education,
and treatment support.
- schedules appointments
- answers phone calls
- facilitates groups
- maintains student records
- helps with transportation for education
needs, tutoring, and assisting the teachers in varies area of education needs.
COMPENSATION: Starting salary for this position is approximately $13.84 /hr
based on relevant experience and education.
REQUIREMENTS - Education
- A bachelor's degree.
- Must possess basic computer
skills and have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Understanding of the
expectations of DCS/DOE.
- Minimum of one year of clerical experience.
- Experience working with adolescents as well as previous experience in the
alcohol and drug field is preferred.
- One year of residential experience
preferred or exposure via internship.
Abilities / Skills:
- Works with children/youth/families.
- Must be capable of driving a van and transporting clients.
- Must have mental ability to exercise sound judgment under pressure.
- Must also have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and external callers/guests and possess good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are necessary
in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients, collaborating
agencies, and community professionals, as well as maintaining proper
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable
transportation, a valid driver's license with an F endorsement OR the ability
to acquire an F endorsement on driver's license, and transport clients.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of employment
- Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as
close eye work.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking,
bending, stooping, and reaching.
- This position requires becoming certified in
CPR. To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this position requires
certification in and adequate implementation of verbal and physical
de-escalation techniques (Handle with
Care) that include a wide range of bodily movements including but not
limited to grasping, holding another person, going down on knees, running, and
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org) is a premier not-for-profit provider of
behavioral health services. The Center provides quality care and serves
all ages in a continuum of prevention, early intervention, social,
co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis services.
MC is an EOE. MC conducts
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also
perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate
supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves
the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover,
management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or
working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with
disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or
implied contract of employment.