Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as a Workforce Support Peer Specialist today!
Support Peer Specialist:
- serves as a clinical member of
a multi-disciplinary team providing peer recovery support for clients from a
lived experience perspective.
- shares personal experiences as a consumer of
mental health/addiction services as appropriate to promote client recovery.
- provides side-by-side support based on client treatment goals.
referral, linkage, and advocacy services.
- conducts home visits and follow up
services as needed.
- teaches key recovery concepts through Illness Management and
Recovery Groups, Team Solutions, and WRAP.
salary for this position is approximately $14.23 / hr based on relevant
experience and education.
- This position has a regular schedule of Monday to
Friday 8am to 5pm.
- There is no on-call for this position and employee is off on
Center designated holidays.
- In-person attendance is essential for this position
except in instances of approved time off.
- This position may be required to
attend events outside of the standard schedule.
- This position
requires utilizing a personal dependable vehicle to conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of
- An F Endorsement is required as staff members may be required to
provide transportation in their personal or Center owned vehicle.
- Staff members
are reimbursed for use of their vehicle for this purpose.
- This position
may be required to travel to out of state conferences/meetings as applicable.
- This position does require high-level computer skills for timekeeping,
scheduling, and use of electronic medical records entry, and extensive
experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
QUALIFICATIONS - Workforce
Support Peer Support Specialist
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree.
- Has or
is willing to obtain the State of Tennessee Certified Peer Recovery Specialist
Training, and complete the following to be eligible for state certification:
the 5 day training facilitated by State Certified Trainers
- Gain 75 hours of
work or volunteer experience in Peer Recovery services
Experience / Knowledge:
- Must be a primary
mental health consumer with appropriate life experience and a desire to be a
role model for recovery.
- Experience working with special populations including
individuals with Co-occurring Disorders, substance use disorders and mental health
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.