Help Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
Join the McNabb Center Team as and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) today!
The APRN is responsible for the delivery and oversight of psychiatric care to assigned patients involved in medication services provided at the Center's clinical sites, providing assessments and pharmacotherapy to patients in individual appointments.
COMPENSATION: Starting salary for this position is approximately $114,936 /yr based on relevant experience and education.
- The APRN is expected to fulfill the agreed upon hours when hired.
- Unless otherwise approved, the APRN is expected to be present in the clinic from 8am-5pm.
- All other scheduling arrangements are approved on a case by case basis.
- Travel is not required if the APRN is providing medication services to their designated outpatient clinic.
- The APRN may have to travel between clinics/programs at times, and may be required to travel for any supervision, trainings, or scheduled meetings.
- There is no overnight travel.
- Clients will not be transported by the APRN.
- The APRN will require a laptop and/or desktop to provide medication services.
- It is essential for the APRN to have access to one or both devices in order to access the EMR, Drs. First platform, and Doxy.me.
QUALIFICATIONS - APRN
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing and possess an active license as a Registered Nurse (RN) from the state of Tennessee.
- Have completed an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) approved Psychiatric Mental Health APRN Program and maintain an active license as an APRN in the state of Tennessee.
- Must be board certified and hold a certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner from The ANCC.
- Have a Certificate of Fitness from The Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- Must hold and maintain an active DEA license
Experience / Knowledge:
- Must have obtained a minimum of 500 clinical hours with a preceptor while enrolled in the respective APRN program.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.