HELP OTHERS, MAKE A
DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the
region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and
victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well
Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from
infancy through adulthood.
Do you want to make a
direct impact on the lives of clients?
Are you a helping
person, the one that can make things right for those around you?
Put those skills to work
as a Health Link Care Coordinator today!
What will you do as a
Health Link Care Coordinator?
- You will provide case coordination for clients
by planning, implementing, and evaluating successful interventions
for children, adults, and/or families.
- You will interface with community agencies and referral
sources to coordinate care, as well as to increase cooperation and
consistency between home, school, and community.
- You will provide advocacy, linkage, and referral
services as need, participate in direct supervision with the program
supervisor and RN Coordinator as necessary, and participate in treatment
team meetings with a RN Care Coordinator and/or psychiatrist/APN.
- You will maintain appropriate chart records and
complete documentation in a timely manner, provide medication monitoring,
provide clients with therapeutic support and crisis intervention when
needed, and uphold Center policy and procedures, as well as CARF
This job is for you if
- Effectively and ethically coordinate care for children,
adults, and/or families.
- Present professionally and be able to work within a
team and help clients meet their goals.
- Demonstrate effective decision-making skills, the
ability to set and then demonstrate appropriate boundaries, the ability to
be an empathetic listener, the ability to be flexible, demonstrate
willingness, and be adaptable when working with diverse populations.
- Communicate effectively and possess strong time
management and organizational skills.
- Embrace the key values of case management: empowerment,
normalization, rehabilitation, and continuity of care.
position starts at $15.78/hour depending on education and experience.
REQUIREMENTS - Health
Link Care Coordinator
- A bachelor's degree in a health-related field of
counseling, psychology, social work, or related field. If not a
related field, must have specific behavioral health courses.
- Course work and/or experience in the areas of cultural
diversity, human development, etiology and treatment of mental illness,
alcohol and drug abuse, physical and sexual abuse, suicide, and
developmental / cognitive disability is required.
- Computer experience is helpful for this position.
- Applicants should possess the ability to relate to
individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages,
educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect and dignity.
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are
necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients,
collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as
maintaining proper documentation.
- Healthlink Care Coordinators must possess reliable
transportation they can conduct Center business in and already have or
obtain a valid F endorsement on driver's license.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver
status is a condition of employment.
- Exposure to biological hazards.
- The ability to hear normal and soft tones as well as complete
close eye work.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- There is frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending,
stooping, and reaching in this position.
- To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this
position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal
de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care).
The McNabb Center
(www.mcnabbcenter.org) is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral
health services. The Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a
continuum of prevention, early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction,
outpatient, and crisis services.
MC is an EOE. MC
conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and
drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably
related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other
management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or
change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right
to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their
duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does
not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.