Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
the McNabb Center Team as a Recovery Home
Case Manager today!
The Recovery Home Case Manager will serve as primary case
manager that provides case coordination using a social model approach to a
predetermined number of adult women.
- Interfaces with agencies to increase
cooperation and consistency between work, community, behavioral, and physical
- Functions as a member of a Recovery team to plan, implement,
and evaluate successful interventions for adult women.
- Embraces the key values
of empowerment, normalization, rehabilitation, and continuity of care.
- Provides contacts with individuals that meet the
requirements of the program and provide advocacy, linkage, and referral
services as needed.
- Maintains appropriate chart records and document case
management and group meeting notes per agency standards. Must complete all
documentation in a timely manner and according to agency standards.
- Participates in direct supervision with program supervisor and director, as
- Interfaces with community agencies and referral sources to
- Provides medication monitoring, therapeutic support and
crisis intervention as needed.
Compensation: Starting salary for this
position is approximately $16.86 /hr based on relevant experience and
Schedule: Due to the diversity of job responsibilities,
this position requires flexibility in scheduling (days, evenings, and
Travel: F Endorsement is required. Must be capable of
driving a van and also transporting clients in personal vehicle.
Equipment/Technology: Must be computer literate and have ability to
communicate effectively (oral and written communication.)
Duties: The Recovery Home case manager will
facilitate groups, provide weekly case management, and interface with community
agencies and referral sources to coordinate care. Any other duties may be
assigned as deemed appropriate.
REQUIREMENTS - Recovery
Home Case Manager
- A Bachelor's degree in a health-related field of
counseling, psychology, or social work.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in rehabilitation,
occupational therapy, criminal justice, human services, or education must
have fifteen college-level semester hours of course work in behavioral
health and at least one year of work experience in a behavioral health
- Knowledge of Social Model Theory of Recovery Homes is
- This position requires course work and/ or experience
in the areas of cultural diversity, human development, etiology,
trauma-informed care, and treatment of medical disorders and mental
illness, alcohol and drug abuse, physical and sexual abuse, suicide and
developmental / intellectual disability.
- Computer experience is required.
- This position requires knowledge and experience
facilitating groups and doing group notes.
- Applicants should possess the ability to relate to
individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages,
educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect and
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are
necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients,
collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as
maintaining proper documentation.
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable
transportation, a valid driver's license with an F endorsement OR the
ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's license, and transport
- Ability to effectively and ethically coordinate care
for adult women.
- Ability to present professionally and work within a
team format to plan, implement, and evaluate successful
- Ability to work within a team format to meet positive
goals for adult women and interface with other agencies involved in the
ecology of the individual.
- Must have mental ability to exercise sound judgment
under pressure as well as effective decision-making.
- Must be able to set and demonstrate professional
boundaries while being able to be an empathetic listener and develop
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess
initiative, good time management, and organizational skills.
- Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as close eye
- Valid driver's license.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this
position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal
de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care).
Helen Ross McNabb Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other
reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and
other management as required. This organization reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves
the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on
their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree
verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean
drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain
programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants
are encouraged to apply.