Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as a Homeless Case Manager today!
Case Manager (Disability Assistance) will operate with the PATH and SOAR
staff members provide outreach to homeless individuals in Knoxville and the
Knox County area to identify those in need of outpatient mental health
services. Staff members connect individuals to the appropriate mental health
services and help those individuals work towards permanent housing options.
Staff members assist in obtaining necessary documentation needed for housing
such as ID, birth certificate, Social Security cards, proof of income, etc.
Staff members will preferably meet with clients on a weekly basis to work
towards housing goals. Staff must attend regular community meetings and work
closely with other housing agencies in the area.
- The SOAR component of this position requires that all SOAR
enrollees will receive the same services as PATH clients, as well as additional
services directed at obtaining income for clients from SSI/SSDI utilizing the
comprehensive SOAR process. This position encourages collaboration among human
service agencies to improve access to SSI/SSDI by facilitating strategic
planning at the state and local levels. Coordinates efforts to educate other
agencies about the SOAR process. Acts as regional coordinator for surrounding
counties in East Tennessee. Provides trainings, technical assistance, support,
and encouragement to these agencies.
salary for this position is approximately $15.51 / hr based on relevant
experience and education.
- This position has a regular schedule of Monday
through Friday 8a.m. until 5p.m.
- There is no on-call for this position and
employee is off on Center designated holidays.
- In person daily attendance is
essential for this position in instances of approved time off.
- This position
requires utilizing a personal dependable vehicle to conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of
- The PATH program requires case managers to travel within Knox
County to work on housing related goals with clients.
- Through the ITTS program,
you may travel between multiple counties (identified as Region 2) to meet with
- This position requires facilitating clients in your own personal
vehicle, which requires an F-endorsement.
- Staff members are reimbursed for use
of their vehicle for this purpose.
- This position does require basic computer skills for timekeeping and use
of electronic medical records.
- This position also requires knowledge of Excel
for data entry on program spreadsheet.
- Specific equipment/technology utilized
for the position are a desktop computer, company provided iPhone, Company
Mileage App, Relias, Datis, Outlook, Centricity, OAT, and HMIS
QUALIFICATIONS - Homeless
Case Manager (Disability Assistance)
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in a social service or a
behavioral science field with course work or related experience.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Two years'
experience in the social work field or a behavioral health setting preferred.
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.