HELP OTHERS, MAKE A
DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the
region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and
victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well
Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from infancy
Do you see yourself as a
part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified
and motivated professional for the following position: State Opioid
Response (SOR) Recovery Life Coach
SUMMARY - SOR Recovery
The SOR Recovery Life
Coach works compassionately with individuals to:
- provide hope, encouragement, support, and
connection to needed services.
- interact with internal and community partners in a
professional way ensuring positive two-way communication for the benefit
of those we serve.
- help meet employment, educational, life skill and other
goals is essential to the position.
- engage with patients in Medication Assisted Treatment
Program and encourages them to maintain recovery, participate in recovery
oriented activities and develop a network of recovery supports.
- participates in treatment activities and models
effective group participation and recovery oriented perspective for
patients with substance use disorders.
- helps patients identify and access needed resources and
COMPENSATION: Starting salary for his position is
approximately $15.77 /hr based on relevant experience and education.
REQUIREMENTS - SOR
Recovery Life Coach
- A bachelor's degree in addiction counseling, psychology,
social work or other directly related field is required.
- Must possess and maintain boundaries appropriate to the
setting while adhering to privacy, confidentiality and ethics related to
- Strong knowledge of community resources and referrals
- Must have coursework and/or experience and
understanding in the areas of cultural diversity, human development, and
treatment of substance use disorder, understanding of trauma-informed
care, suicide prevention, crisis intervention referral, and intricate
knowledge of community resources.
- Must have experience working with persons with
substance use disorder, co-occurring disorders and/or lived recovery
- Computer experience and the ability to navigate
multiple platforms (TNWITS , EMR, Relias, Excel, and others) is
- Experience working in a community settings, comfort
with travel during work hours, and regular attendance are essential job
- Must maintain up-to-date training in CPR, Handle with
Care, and possess an F-endorsement with the ability to legally operate
personal vehicle during work hours.
- Ability to relate to individuals and families of varied
ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic
circumstances with respect and dignity.
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are
necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients,
collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as
maintaining proper documentation.
- Utilizing a personal dependable vehicle to
conduct Center business. Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified
driver status is a condition of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form
meaningful relationships with individuals in or seeking recovery and in
working with other professionals (internal and external to McNabb) who
serve this population.
- Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as close eye
- Valid driver's license.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending,
stooping, and reaching.
- To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this
position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care).
- Must maintain up-to-date training in CPR.
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org)
is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The
Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention,
early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis
MC is an EOE. MC
conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and
drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen,
background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are
subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are
encouraged to apply.
This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other
reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and
other management as required. This organization reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management
reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules
based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This
job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.