Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as a Victim Advocate for the Sexual Assault Center of
East TN today!
Victim Advocate is responsible for
providing case management and crisis intervention services, which include:
- victim accompaniment during forensic evaluations, interviews, and legal
- filing of Victims' Compensation paperwork
activities to link clients with needed services
- assisting clients through
the criminal and/or civil justice process
- provide follow-up to ensure
- answers the 24/7 crisis line and provides crisis counseling
- coordinates closely with the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) department,
law enforcement, the district attorney's office, hospital personnel, and other
- completes all necessary documentation in accordance with funding
guidelines and policy and procedures
- develops relationships in assigned
counties by attending community meetings and attempting face-to-face time with
salary for this position is approximately $15.78 /hr based on relevant
experience and education.
- Office hours are from 8:30am-5pm.
requires timely, in person attendance on a daily basis.
- This position is also required to cover 2 after-hours shifts per month, which may include being on-call during the 5pm-8:30am
weekday and/or weekend shift timeframes. Accommodations and exemptions to this requirement may be made
by the supervisor, as needed.
- Travel is
required throughout Knox and 12 surrounding counties in various community
settings, hospitals, and McNabb offices.
- You may be asked to transport clients
in your personal vehicle.
- An F endorsement is required for this position.
computer skills required.
- Professional phone etiquette is necessary as a primary role of this
position is providing crisis services over the phone.
- Must be able to access
email from home.
QUALIFICATIONS - Sexual
Assault Victim Advocate
- Bachelor's degree required, preference for health-related field of
counseling, psychology, social work, sociology, or a behavioral science field
with course work or experience in the areas of cultural diversity, human
development, etiology and treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse,
physical and sexual abuse, suicide, crisis intervention, and developmental
Experience / Knowledge:
line service delivery in sexual assault, behavioral health, and/or victim
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.