HELP OTHERS, MAKE A
DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of
mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an
individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate
approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so,
we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the
following position: LPN / RN
SUMMARY - LPN / RN
The LPN / RN at the Behavioral Health Urgent Care Center will:
- serve as a clinical member of the
multi-disciplinary team, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and support for
- provide direct medical care to clients, including clients in varying levels of
crisis, and will frequently work with clients having co-occurring issues.
- assist with crisis interventions and medical emergencies
vital signs each shift or more frequently as indicated.
- communicate with prescribers, primary care physicians, other medical facilities
and agencies during the client admission.
- triage intakes and referrals.
- complete assessments.
- discharge clients during their shift
- obtain urine drug screens and
pregnancy tests on admissions
- obtain admission orders, dispense standing
order PRN medications
- take orders from prescriber.
- update MAR
- complete electronic and paper charting in a timely manner.
- take calls from recently discharged clients
requesting bridging prescription, follow-up calls on weekends on discharged
- obtain prior authorizations and coordinate with pharmacies.
- collaborate with Mobile Crisis and Walk In clinicians assisting with BHUCC
client's being referred to higher level of care.
- complete CSSRS.
- Must be able
to have excellent attendance and start the work day at assigned
time. Must be able to work required
12 hour shifts. This is for a 6PM-6AM shift with rotating dates as follows:
week 1 work M-T-F-S, week 2 work Sun-W-TH, then rotate again.
- This position requires utilizing a personal dependable vehicle to conduct Center business. Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of employment.
COMPENSATION: Salary range for this position starts at
approximately $19.92 (LPN) or $24.50 (RN) depending on relevant experience and
REQUIREMENTS - LPN / RN
- Current LPN or RN license in Tennessee.
- Knowledge of
psychiatric/mental health, A&D, and co-occurring disorders preferred.
- CPR certified or willing to become certified.
- Computer experience in a health care setting required.
- Experience in working with special populations
including individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, co-occurring
disorders, and dual diagnosis disorders preferred.
Abilities / Skills:
- Ability to use computer and electronic medical record.
- Must have excellent people, role-modeling, and communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills (including Windows, electronic medical record, and email) and the ability to learn new software products quickly.
- Proficient in typing, electronic medical record and technology as well as paper charting of medication administration records.
- Ability to relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and
cultural backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic circumstances with
respect and dignity.
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are
necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients,
collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as maintaining
- Must be adept at multi-tasking
- Exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of
normal and soft tones as well as close eye work.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
- Frequent sitting,
standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- To ensure the safety of the
clients and staff, this position requires certification in and adequate
implementation of verbal and physical de-escalation techniques (Handle with
Care) that include a wide range of bodily movements including but not
limited to grasping, holding another person, going down on knees, running, and
McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org)
is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The
Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention,
early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis
MC is an EOE. MC
conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and
drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen,
background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are
subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are
encouraged to apply.
This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other
reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and
other management as required. This organization reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management
reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules
based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This
job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of