Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as a School Based Crisis Counselor today!
School Based Crisis
Based Crisis Counselor completes face-to-face assessments of students
in Knox County Schools (KCS) experiencing a psychiatric emergency to determine
level of service needed.
salary for this position is approximately $49,980 /yr or hr based on relevant
experience and education.
School Based Crisis Counselor will operate during school hours Monday-Friday,
but will be expected to complete assessments through extended hours, if needed.
- The holder of this position will be expected to work shifts that meet the needs
of the program operation.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- During, non-school months and/or school holidays,
staff will report to McNabb for other duties as assigned.
- Position will work
year round at McNabb Center, and only onsite with schools during the school
- This position requires utilizing a personal
dependable vehicle to conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle
and certified driver status is a condition of employment.
- F endorsement is required.
- Must be
able to provide transportation as needed.
position requires the use of computer skills with an electronic medical record
(EMR), and telehealth/televideo services may be offered as part of the service
- Staff will be expected to maintain work with a Center cell phone and
mental health assessments and determine level of care needed, and coordinate
with KCS on student needs and follow up.
QUALIFICATIONS - School
Based Crisis Counselor
- A Master's degree
in a health-related field of counseling, psychology, social work, sociology and
experience working with individuals with mental illness and/or co-occurring
- Preferred Master's level licensed or license eligible clinician.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Must have course work and or
experience in the areas of cultural diversity, human development, etiology and
treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse, physical and sexual abuse,
suicide, and crisis intervention.
- Must have
experience in working with special populations including individuals with
Severe and Persistent Mental Illnesses and Co-Occurring Disorders.
experience is helpful.
- Experience working in a crisis setting preferred.
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb Center conducts background
checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire.
Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving
record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or
testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.