HELP OTHERS, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
At the Helen Ross McNabb Center, our mission is "Improving the lives of the people we serve." Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the following position: TEMPORARY Mental Health Tech - Greater Chattanooga Area.
Join our team! Must be able to work flexible hours based on the needs of the program. This is a 24-hour supportive housing program for individuals with mental health diagnoses.
- Implement and monitor daily activities for clients in Supportive Housing programs, including both in-house and community-based options
- Ensure safety, welfare, and direct supervision of all clients
- Monitor and document changes in client symptoms or behavior in the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Maintain accurate client medical records in the EMR
- Educate clients about health maintenance and emphasizes recovery-based concepts
- Encourage clients to participate in daily activities, including personal hygiene & medical care
- Communicate with supervisors and patient care team regarding client care
- May transport clients to/from community-based activities in a company vehicle as approved by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree preferred, will consider Associate's or High School with experience
- Previous experience in the social work field or a behavioral health setting
- Familiarity with computer software and equipment to effectively document client records in the EMR, accurately document time in timesheet, and communicate with coworkers via email
- Ability to build rapport with patients, communicate effectively, and remain calm during stressful situations
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Skill in maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to lead psycho-educational groups on living skills
- Will treat all individuals with dignity and respect at all times regardless of age, education, race or cultural background, etc
- Valid driver's license and car insurance is required for this position. Staff are expected to obtain an F-endorsement on their TN driver license within the first 2 weeks of hire.
- May need to push/pull up to 150lbs and lift up to 50lbs
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Normal/corrected vision to see up close and at a distance
- Able to hear normal/soft tones
- Exposure to biological hazards is possible in this role
- All staff in this position are required to successfully complete certification in verbal and physical de-escalation training (Handle with Care) during their first week of employment. Training is provided by employer and includes a wide range of bodily movements including but not limited to grasping, holding another person, getting down on knees while holding another person, running, and walking.
- Staff must be capable of utilizing non-violent methods of crisis intervention including therapeutic holds
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.