Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as a Crisis Services Floater Nurse today!
Services Floater Nurse assists training and covering for nursing
staff for BHUCC and Knox CSU.
- Works with Crisis Services RN Coordinator to
ensure all shifts are covered at all times which may require working overnight,
weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Provides direct care to clients as needed and
assists with crisis interventions and medical emergencies.
- Coordinates with all
team members regarding client discharge planning, and serves as a liaison with
other agencies as indicated.
salary for this position is approximately $21.62 (LPN) / $29.29 /hr (RN) based on relevant
experience and education.
non-structured hours with understanding that schedule is subject to change to
meet the needs of Crisis Services Programming.
- Will provide coverage for other Nursing
- Will be on-call for program needs.
- Daily in-person attendance is
- Must give six hours' notice if not able to work their scheduled
shift (unless a documented emergency arises).
- Travel is expected for the float nurse as
their assignments may differ on a day-by-day basis.
- The float nurse will be expected to travel
between programs at times, and may be required to travel for trainings or
- There is no overnight travel.
- Must have or be able to obtain an
F-endorsement on driver license within first 2 weeks of employment.
- This position requires utilizing a personal dependable
vehicle to conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and
certified driver status is a condition of employment.
computer skills are required for email, timekeeping, and documentation in the
electronic medical record.
QUALIFICATIONS - Crisis Services Floater Nurse
- Must have LPN or
RN degree with a current/valid Tennessee license with course work or experience
in the areas of cultural diversity, human development, primary care, etiology,
and treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug use, physical and sexual
abuse, suicide, and intellectual developmental delays.
- Must demonstrate a
working knowledge of supervisory, administrative, and clinical skills.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience in psychiatric nursing and
acute care preferred.
- Experience with interdisciplinary collaboration and care
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.