Help Others, Make a
Difference, Save a Life.
The McNabb Center is the
region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and
victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well
Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from infancy
Do you see yourself as a
part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified
and motivated professional for the following position: PRN SACET Victim
The Ideal PRN Sexual Assault Victim Advocates are responsible for providing crisis
intervention services after-hours, weekends, and holidays.
- responds with the
SANE to hospitals in 9 counties over the East Tennessee region to provide
accompaniment to victims during the forensic exam and to complete intake
documentation for victims to receive ongoing advocacy support
- accompaniment during law enforcement interviews
activities to link clients with needed services
- providing information and
problem solving to assist clients in making decisions
- answers the 24/7 crisis
line and provides crisis counseling
- coordinates closely with the Sexual
Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) department, law enforcement, hospital personnel,
and other agencies
- completes all necessary documentation in accordance with
funding guidelines and policy and procedures
- Shifts are available after-hours, weekends, and
- Typical shifts are from 5pm-8:30am all week and 8:30-5pm on the
weekend or holidays.
- A total of 9 shifts are available per week and are split
among all PRN staff.
- A minimum of one shift per month is required to remain
active with PRN status.
- Shifts are divided by staff preference and schedule.
- Travel is required throughout Knox and 12
surrounding counties in various community settings, hospitals, and McNabb
- You may be asked to transport clients in your personal vehicle.
- An F
endorsement is required for this position.
- Daily computer and phone use are essential
functions for this role.
- Answering crisis line and providing
information and intervention over the phone.
- Responding to the hospital or the
SAFE Center to provide accompaniment for SAFE exams.
- Completes documentation
related to calls and client interactions.
- Maintains a caseload of clients to
provide ongoing support, resources, and advocacy.
PRN SACET Victim Advocate
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Bachelor's degree in social services or related field
with course work or experience in the areas of cultural diversity, human
development, etiology and treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug
abuse, physical and sexual abuse, suicide, and crisis intervention
Experience / Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree preferred with experience/knowledge/front
line service delivery in sexual assault, behavioral health, and/or victim
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal / soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement
verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable
transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's
license, and transport clients.
Helen Ross McNabb Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Helen Ross McNabb
Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree
verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean
drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain
programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants
are encouraged to apply.