Help Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
Join the McNabb Center Team as a PRN Milieu Counselor for the Supportive Housing program today!
The Supportive Housing Milieu Counselor:
- is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of daily activities for clients involved in the Supportive Housing Program.
- encourages client involvement, builds upon individual strengths, and emphasizes recovery-based concepts.
- ensures activities consist of both in-house and community-based options.
- is responsible for ensuring the safety, welfare and direct supervision of all clients.
- Employees will secure a minimum of 2 shifts per month with no more than 80 hours per month at any of the five homes in supportive housing.
- There are three shifts each of the seven days each week: 1st shift is 7am-3pm, 2nd shift is 3pm to 11pm, and 3rd shift is 11pm to 7am.
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on the needs of the program.
- Staff should be eligible for certified driver status in order to meet all expectations of this position, including transportation of clients in a Center van.
- Certified driver status includes: valid driver's license with F-endorsement, current car insurance, and 3 years of acceptable driving history on their MVR.
- Only staff age 25 and over may drive a Center vehicle per McNabb's insurer; staff under age 25 may be waived from this responsibility but are still expected to meet other requirements of a certified driver.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of employment.
- Must be capable of driving a personal vehicle to transport clients and/or conduct Center business as needed with mileage reimbursement when using own vehicle.
- Computer skills needed to complete our online documentation and to send/receive electronic communication to other staff members as well as to complete daily/weekly time sheet.
QUALIFICATIONS - PRN Supportive Housing Milieu Counselor
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred: Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's degree in a health-related field of counseling, psychology, social work, sociology, or a behavioral science field with coursework or experience in the areas of cultural diversity, human development, etiology and treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse, physical and sexual abuse, suicide, and an intellectual disability.
Experience / Knowledge:
- One year experience in the social work field or a behavioral health setting will be considered.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.