Help Others, Make a
Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a
difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
Join the McNabb Center
Team as a PRN Nurse for the Gateway Program today!
You have a lot of
choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
The PRN RN will:
- provide nursing contact for children and adolescents
ages 12-19 with mental health diagnosis and co-occurring diagnosis in the
- assess new clients for vitals, determine their height,
weight, blood pressure and discuss allergies, side effects of psychotropic
medications, and effectiveness of medications being prescribed
- administer medication and intramuscular injections
- administer all prn meds and package meds for client
- This position is an "as needed"
position with weekends, evenings, and overnights required.
- This position does not require travel
- Basic computer skills are required for
scheduling, time keeping, email, data entry (Word, Excel), and documentation in
the electronic medical record.
QUALIFICATIONS - PRN RN
- Licensed nurse.
- Preferably with course work or experience in the areas
of cultural diversity, human development, etiology and treatment of mental
illness, alcohol and drug abuse, physical and sexual abuse, suicide, and
developmental / intellectual disability.
- Nurse certification with Associates/Bachelor's degree
from an accredited college/university.
- Experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents is also
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal to soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement
verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable
transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's
license, and transport clients.
Apply today to work
where we care about you as an employee and where your hard work makes a
Helen Ross McNabb Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Helen Ross McNabb
Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification,
and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen,
background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are
subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are
encouraged to apply.