HELP OTHERS, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the following position: Hamblen PRN Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) Registered Nurse (RN)
SUMMARY - PRN CSU RN
The Crisis Stabilization Unit Nurse:
- Serves as a clinical member of the multi-disciplinary team, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and support for client population.
- Must be adept at multi-tasking.
- Provides direct medical care to clients in a CSU setting including clients in varying levels of crisis, frequently working with SPMI and clients with co-occurring issues.
- Assists with crisis interventions and medical emergencies.
- Obtains vital signs each shift or more frequently as indicated.
- Administers intramuscular injections,
- Communicates with PCPs during recovery partnership and transition phases.
- Liaisons with other agencies as indicated.
- Is responsible for triaging referrals.
- Completing RN intake/assessments on all clients admitted during their shift, obtaining urine drug screens, BAL and pregnancy tests on admissions, obtaining admission orders.
- Dispensing routine and PRN medications.
- Taking orders from prescriber and updating MAR.
- Completing electronic and paper charting in a timely manner.
- Participating in treatment team meetings.
- May take calls from recently discharged clients requesting bridge prescriptions, follow-up calls on weekends, obtain prior authorizations and coordinate with pharmacies.
- Collaborates with Mobile Crisis and Walk in Center assisting with clients being referred to higher level of care.
- Completing S-BARs.
- Schedule requires 12 hours shifts and rotating weekends. Regular attendance is an essential job function. Mandatory to remain awake and alert during shift.
Pay for this position is between $27-$34 per hour depending on the shifts worked.
Due to CSU and WIC being 24 hours/7 days per week programming, the following expectations are applied to all staff working in these programs:
- All staff will be present and on time for shift in order to relieve previous shift.
- All staff will stay on shift until relief coverage arrives.
- All staff have been briefed on the nature of the programming and understand that shifts must be covered in order to keep our staff and clients safe.
All staff recognize that if bad weather is predicted be prepared to make it in prior to poor travel conditions and to stay until relief staff can make it in.
REQUIREMENTS - PRN CSU RN
- RN with current Tennessee license and experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- BSN or ANA certification as Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse preferred.
- Should have sound knowledge of psychiatric medications, diagnoses, treatment modalities and interventions.
- Experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- Experience in working with special populations including individuals with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness and Co-Occurring Disorders preferred.
- Computer experience is required.
- Experience working in a crisis setting preferred.
Abilities / Skills:
- Ability to relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect and dignity.
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients, collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as maintaining proper documentation.
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's license, and transport clients.
- Ability to use computer.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office and EMR.
- Exposure to biological hazards / unpleasant odors.
- Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as close eye work.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 250 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal and physical de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care) that include a wide range of bodily movements including but not limited to grasping, holding another person, going down on knees, running, and walking.
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org) is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention, early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis services.
MC is an EOE. MC conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.