HELP OTHERS, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the following position: PRN Katie Miller Residential Counselor
SUMMARY - PRN Katie Miller Residential Counselor
Join the Katie Miller Team as a PRN Residential Counselor! As a Residential Counselor you will:
· Provide supportive listening to clients while supervising them individually and in group settings.
· Administer program rules and level system.
· Facilitate therapeutic, positive and safe environment.
· Complete daily paperwork.
· Assist with assigned activities of the clients.
· Responsible for creating an environment conducive to client personal growth and learning skills for substance use reduction.
· Must be able to obtain an F Endorsement Driver's License and certified driver status in order to transport clients.
· Evenings, overnights, and weekends are required.
HS required; Bachelor's preferred
· Working with children/youth/families.
· One year of residential experience preferred or exposure via internship.
· Understanding of the expectations of Dept. of Children's Service/Dept. Of Education.
· Able to drive clients to and from appointments, outing and other transportation needs using personal and Center-owned vehicles. Valid driver's license required with F Endorsement (or ability to obtain one).
· Use sound judgment and utilize appropriate boundaries.
· Contribute to the therapeutic environment and provide feedback regarding the client's progress.
· Have the ability to relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect and dignity.
· Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients, collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as maintain proper documentation.
· Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as close eye work.
· Lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
· Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
· To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal and physical de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care) that include a wide range of bodily movements including but not limited to grasping, holding another person, going down on knees, running, and walking.
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org) is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention, early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis services.
MC is an EOE. MC conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.