HELP OTHERS, MAKE A
DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the
region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and
victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well
Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from
infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a
part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified
and motivated professional for the following position: Katie Miller
SUMMARY - Katie Miller
Join the Katie Miller
Team as a Residential Counselor! As a Residential Counselor you will:
- · Provide supportive listening to clients while
supervising them individually and in group settings.
- · Administer program rules and level system.
- · Facilitate therapeutic, positive and safe
- · Complete daily paperwork.
- · Assist with assigned activities of the clients.
- · Responsible for creating an environment
conducive to client personal growth and learning skills for substance use
- · Must be able to obtain an F Endorsement Driver's
License and certified driver status in order to transport clients.
- · Evenings, overnights, and weekends are required.
- HS required; Bachelor's preferred
- · Working with children/youth/families.
- · One year of residential experience preferred or
exposure via internship.
- · Understanding of the expectations of Dept. of
Children's Service/Dept. Of Education.
- · Able to drive clients to and from appointments,
outing and other transportation needs using personal and Center-owned
vehicles. Valid driver's license required with F Endorsement (or
ability to obtain one).
- · Use sound judgment and utilize appropriate
- · Contribute to the therapeutic environment and
provide feedback regarding the client's progress.
- · Have the ability to relate to individuals and
families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages, educational
levels, and economic circumstances with respect and dignity.
- · Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills
are necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with
clients, collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as
maintain proper documentation.
- · Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as
close eye work.
- · Lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 150
- · Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending,
stooping, and reaching.
- · To ensure the safety of the clients and staff,
this position requires certification in and adequate implementation of
verbal and physical de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care) that
include a wide range of bodily movements including but not limited to
grasping, holding another person, going down on knees, running, and
PLUS shift diff (an additional 5% for 2nd shift; 10% for 3rd)
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org)
is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The
Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention,
early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis
MC is an EOE. MC
conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and
drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen,
background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are
subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are
encouraged to apply.
This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other
reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and
other management as required. This organization reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management
reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules
based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This
job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of