Help Others, Make a
Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a
difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of
choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
Join the McNabb Center
Team as the Pharmacy Assistant for the Safety Net program today!
- Assists treatment floor staff with Pharmacy Assistance
Program applications, Prior Authorizations, and Formularies.
- Investigate and enroll clients who are eligible for
Behavioral Health Safety Net services with the State of Tennessee
- Act as a liaison with local pharmacies and drug company
representatives to help obtain medications for clients
- Organize and maintain the sample cabinet
- Provide scheduling/rescheduling of appointments for
- Management of Just In Time scheduling practices as they
relate to BHSN clients
COMPENSATION: Starting salary for this position is
approximately $18.05 /hr based on relevant experience and education.
- This position has a regular schedule of Monday- Friday
8am until 5pm.
- There is no on-call for this position and employee is
off on Center designated holidays.
- In person daily attendance is essential for this
position except in instances of approved time off.
- Basic computer skills are required for email,
timekeeping, and documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in a Human
Services related field or licensed/certified Pharmacy Technician.
Experience / Knowledge:
- One year experience as a Pharmacy Technician or in the
social work field, a behavioral health setting preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Have a strong working knowledge of psychotropic
medications, formularies, and utilization management.
- Have a working knowledge of mental status evaluations
and crisis intervention; familiar with community resources.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- CPR and First Aid certification required (training
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement
verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement
to transport clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where
we care about you as an employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination
and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb Center
conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and
drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen,
background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are
subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are
encouraged to apply.