Help Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the following position: Staff Accountant
The Ideal Staff Accountant will manage multiple month end journal entries to include, but not limited to, prepaid amortizations, insurance allocations, and health insurance accruals. The accountant will be responsible for all fixed asset activity including additions, disposals, and depreciation. Accountant will complete multiple monthly balance sheet reconciliations and bank account reconciliations. Candidate will assist with ad hoc reporting as needed which could include census reporting, tax exemption requests, and other projects as requested.
COMPENSATION: Starting salary for this position is approximately $50,673 /yr based on relevant experience and education.
Scheduling: This position requires applicant to work a set schedule to meet deadlines. During this time, there may be limitations on the use of leave time.
Travel: Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of employment.
Equipment/Technology: Proficiency utilizing computers, cell phone, text messaging, and email are all required for this role.
1. Maintain the fixed asset module in Financial Edge
2. Complete additions and disposals of assets as needed
3. Complete monthly reconciliation of fixed assets to general ledger. Reconciliation should be completed in format given to auditors each year
4. Complete monthly journal entries to amortize prepaid expenses and insurance
5. Complete reconciliation of bank accounts other than the Home Federal Operating accounts and First Horizon operating accounts. These currently include repo accounts, payroll accounts, and others as added and/or necessary.
6. Record adjusting entries to bank accounts as needed
7. Maintain bank log pages to assist with posting of deposits and creating sweeps entries
8. Record sweeps and other ACH entries from bank accounts
9. Complete quarterly and annual census reports
10. Distribute monthly reports to managers and answer questions as needed
11. Complete tax exemption applications as new properties are placed into service
12. Complete accrual of health insurance claims monthly. Record health insurance claims/payments, flex account payments, and other fees associated with health insurance charges
13. Code monthly BCBS invoice to assist accounts payable
14. Communicate with insurance provider to add or remove coverage for properties and vehicles
15. Complete multiple account reconciliations as assigned
16. Complete funds available entry for HRMF
17. Make weekly (or as needed) bank deposits
18. Assist with other journal entries or projects as needed to successfully meet goals of Financial Services Department
QUALIFICATIONS - Staff Accountant
Experience / Knowledge:
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org) is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention, early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis services.
MC is an EOE. MC conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.