Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as Residential Meal Prepper at Centerpointe today!
Meal Prepper will be
responsible for preparing lunch and dinner meals Monday - Friday. If needed,
the cook will assist with cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner on the weekends.
- The cook will have to follow menus and fall within budget constraints.
will also complete ordering with vendors to ensure needed items are available
for cooking needs, kitchen needs and/or the menu.
- The cook will also keep the Kitchen
up to public and state standards.
- The kitchen will have to be cleaned and kept
sanitary including the refrigerators, freezers, stoves, ovens, grill and the
- The cook will also maintain good relations with the food suppliers
and with Second Harvest.
salary for this position is approximately $15.89 /hr based on relevant
experience and education.
- The schedule of this position is 40 hours per
- This position
does not require transportation of clients on a daily basis; however, the program
may need this position to help transport for needs of the program. (example
delivery of food items).
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified
driver status is a condition of employment.
- Staff members may be required to
provide transportation in their personal vehicle or company van. If staff
members use of their vehicle for this purpose, they will be reimbursed mileage.
F endorsement is required.
- This position requires the use of basic computer/electronic skills. Must
be knowledgeable and able to utilize Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel).
QUALIFICATIONS - Meal
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent preferred
Experience / Knowledge:
- Must have
knowledge of nutritional needs, food ordering within budget parameters, food
preparation, menu planning and awareness of sanitary food preparation and
- Staff will be required to work with gas ovens and stove,
table top deep fry, industrial dish washer.
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.