HELP OTHERS, MAKE A
DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the
region's leading nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, social and
victim services. By focusing on an individual's "Well Mind, Well
Being," we provide a quality and compassionate approach to care from
infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a
part of this life-changing work? If so, we are currently seeking a qualified
and motivated professional for the following position: Family Support
Worker - Morgan County
SUMMARY - Family Support
Worker - Morgan County
Families Support Worker is responsible for:
- Direct service to mothers, fathers, and newborn infants
and children up to age 5 in a community setting.
- Provides home visits, information and referral, agency
linkage, goal plans and conducts developmental screenings on each child.
- Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as
- This position requires utilizing a personal dependable
vehicle to conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver
status is a condition of employment.
- Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License with
the ability to obtain an F endorsement.
REQUIREMENTS - Family
Support Worker - Morgan County
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the health and science or
human services field required.
- Knowledge of childhood development and parenting
Experience: One year of direct service with target
Abilities / Skills:
- Applicants should possess the ability to relate to
individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages,
educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect and
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are
necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients,
collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as
maintaining proper documentation.
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable
transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's
license, and transport clients.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work load in order
to achieve multiple goals.
- Ability to relate and work well with the target
population and other professionals.
- Ability to present ideas/information clearly and
- Ability to establish trusting relationships, acceptance
of individual differences and willingness to work with culturally diverse
- Open to reflective practice and recognizes the value of
- Willingness to do home visits outside normal
business hours to meet the needs of the service population of the program.
- Infant Mental Health endorsement desired.
- Outpatient community-based environment.
- Hearing of normal and soft tones as well as close eye
- Valid driver's license.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- To ensure the safety of the clients and staff, this
position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal
de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care).
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org)
is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The
Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention,
early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis
MC is an EOE. MC
conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and
drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably
related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other
management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or
change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the
right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on
their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.