Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as a Milieu Counselor for the Supportive Housing Program
Housing Milieu Counselor is responsible
for the implementation and monitoring of daily activities for clients involved
in the Supportive Housing Program.
- Encourages client involvement
- builds upon
- emphasizes recovery-based concepts
consist of both in-house and community-based options
- responsible for ensuring
the safety, welfare and direct supervision of all clients
salary for this position is approximately $13.80 /hr based on relevant
experience and education.
- As a Full-time Mental Health Technician,
employees will have a consistent schedule with a minimum of five 8 hour shifts
each week, adding up to a 40-hour work week.
- There are three shifts each of the
seven days each week: 1st shift is 7am-3pm, 2nd shift is 3pm to 11pm, and 3rd
shift is 11pm to 7am.
- Full-time 1st and 2nd shift Mental Health Technicians will have a typical
- Full-time 3rd shift employees with have a Sunday-Thursday schedule.
- Full-time Mental Health Technicians in good standing will be eligible to pick
up additional shifts outside of their designated shifts for overtime paid at
time and a half.
- Maintaining a
dependable vehicle and certified driver status is a condition of employment.
- Certified driver status includes: having a valid Driver's License with the F
endorsement, valid car insurance, and 3 years of acceptable driving history.
- Driving the Center van to transport clients is expected of staff in this
position and requires the individual to be eligible for coverage under HRMC
- Must be capable of driving your personal vehicle to transport
clients and/or conduct Center business as needed.
- Mileage is reimbursed when
using your own vehicle.
computer skills are required for email, timekeeping, and documentation in the
electronic medical record.
QUALIFICATIONS - Supportive
Housing Milieu Counselor
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred to have
Associate's or higher degree in a health-related field of counseling,
psychology, social work, sociology, or a behavioral science field with
coursework or experience in the areas of cultural diversity, human development,
etiology and treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse, physical and
sexual abuse, suicide, and an intellectual disability.
Experience / Knowledge:
- One year
experience in the social work field or a behavioral health setting will be
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.