Help Others, Make a
Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a
difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of
choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
Join the McNabb Center
Team as a PRN Milieu Counselor for the Supportive Housing program today!
Housing Milieu Counselor:
- is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of
daily activities for clients involved in the Supportive Housing
- encourages client involvement, builds upon individual
strengths, and emphasizes recovery-based concepts.
- ensures activities consist of both in-house and
- is responsible for ensuring the safety, welfare and
direct supervision of all clients.
- Employees will secure a minimum of 2 shifts per month
with no more than 80 hours per month at any of the five homes in
- There are three shifts each of the seven days each
week: 1st shift is 7am-3pm, 2nd shift is
3pm to 11pm, and 3rd shift is 11pm to 7am.
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on the needs
of the program.
- Staff should be eligible for certified driver status in
order to meet all expectations of this position, including transportation
of clients in a Center van.
- Certified driver status includes: valid driver's
license with F-endorsement, current car insurance, and 3 years of
acceptable driving history on their MVR.
- Only staff age 25 and over may drive a Center vehicle
per McNabb's insurer; staff under age 25 may be waived from this
responsibility but are still expected to meet other requirements of a
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver
status is a condition of employment.
- Must be capable of driving a personal vehicle to
transport clients and/or conduct Center business as needed with mileage
reimbursement when using own vehicle.
- Computer skills needed to complete our online
documentation and to send/receive electronic communication to other staff
members as well as to complete daily/weekly time sheet.
QUALIFICATIONS - PRN
Supportive Housing Milieu Counselor
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred: Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's degree
in a health-related field of counseling, psychology, social work,
sociology, or a behavioral science field with coursework or experience in
the areas of cultural diversity, human development, etiology and treatment
of mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse, physical and sexual abuse,
suicide, and an intellectual disability.
Experience / Knowledge:
- One year experience in the social work field or a
behavioral health setting will be considered.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- CPR and First Aid certification required (training
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement
verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement
to transport clients as necessary.
Apply today to work
where we care about you as an employee and where your hard work makes a
Helen Ross McNabb Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree
verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean
drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain
programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are
encouraged to apply