HELP OTHERS, MAKE A
DIFFERENCE, SAVE A LIFE.
The McNabb Center is the region's leading nonprofit provider of
mental health, substance use, social and victim services. By focusing on an
individual's "Well Mind, Well Being," we provide a quality and compassionate
approach to care from infancy through adulthood.
Do you see yourself as a part of this life-changing work? If so,
we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional for the
following position: PRN Registered Nurse
SUMMARY - PRN RN
The PRN RN is
- the assessment and management of withdrawal signs/symptoms of
clients presenting for admission.
- initial medical
assessments of clients during intake.
- providing appropriate nursing care
for MAT, Medical Detox, Medically Monitored Detox and Residential
- prepare reports
- adhere to all compliance, licensure, funder
and agency standards.
- provide direct care to clients in the
- assist with Crisis Interventions and
- coordinate with all team members regarding client
admissions and discharge planning.
- serve as a liaison with other agencies
- effectively interact with patients, significant
others and other health team members while maintaining all standards of
REQUIREMENTS - PRN RN
- Must have an RN degree with a current
Tennessee license and experience in a behavioral health related field.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of clinical flow, administration and
supervision in a residential setting.
- Must be CPR certified or willing to become
- Class room training in pharmacology, medical terminology, charting
and nursing processes.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic nursing
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of psychiatric medications,
diagnoses, treatment modalities and interventions as well as competence in the
area of substance abuse, chemical dependency, co-occurring disorders and recovery.
Experience: Prefer at least 1 year experience working with
special populations including individuals with substance use/abuse and/or
addiction, severe and persistent mental illness, co-occurring disorders, and
dual diagnosis disorders as well as experience working in a crisis setting.
Abilitites / Skills:
- Relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and
cultural backgrounds, ages, educational levels, and economic circumstances with
respect and dignity.
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are
necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients,
collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as maintaining
- Must possess critical decision making and strong clinical skills.
- Evaluate the need for emergency transfer to hospital in cases of serious injury or illness.
- Be flexible with work scheduling and participate in on-call rotation as scheduled.
- Exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of
normal and soft tones as well as close eye work.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 250 lbs.
- Able to maneuver throughout halls, clients'
rooms and surrounding facility in response to emergencies.
- A significant
amount of writing is required.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking,
bending, stooping, and reaching.
- To ensure the safety of the clients and staff,
this position requires certification in and adequate implementation of verbal
and physical de-escalation techniques (Handle with Care) that include a
wide range of bodily movements including but not limited to grasping, holding
another person, going down on knees, running, and walking.
The McNabb Center (www.mcnabbcenter.org)
is a premier not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services. The
Center provides quality care and serves all ages in a continuum of prevention,
early intervention, social, co-occurring, addiction, outpatient, and crisis
MC is an EOE. MC
conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and
drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen,
background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are
subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged
This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other
reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and
other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise
or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves
the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on
their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.