We've been waiting for
someone like you!
Are you a middle/high
school teacher with a SPED Certificate? We have a place for you at Gateway, our
adolescent residential treatment center for males age 13-18.
Apply today to join the McNabb Team as a Special Education
You can make an impact
on the individual educational needs of the clients at Gateway including the students identified with Special Education
certification and students with 504 plans.
Specific duties include:
- Develop lesson plans and assist the clients in reaching their educational goals.
- Delegate tasks to the assistants.
- Participate in treatment planning for the clients and
utilize the behavioral system employed.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of DCS/Dept. of
Education requirements to maintain school certification.
- Act as the Educational Liaison, which requires the
completion of education reports as well as communication with the liaison
persons in the schools of the community as directed by the
Interdepartmental Agreement between the Department of Children's Services
and the Department of Education.
- Depending on education and experience the starting
salary for this position ranges from $49,102 (Bachelor's with SPED) to $54,526 (Master's with
- Valid driver's license with F Endorsement is
- This position requires utilizing a personal dependable vehicle to
conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver
status is a condition of employment.
- Basic computer skills for timekeeping, email,
printing, faxing, scanning, and documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS - Special
- Bachelor's required, master's preferred. Must possess a
teaching license in the state of Tennessee. Must have a current
special education certificate.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Working with children/youth/families.
- Prefer residential experience or exposure via
- Understanding the educational expectations of DCS/DOE
and Title I/TACF.
- Experience in a clinical setting. Must be able to lead
students, staff effectively and utilize resources properly.
- Must be able to make sound judgment and utilize
- Must be able to contribute to the therapeutic
environment and provide feedback regarding the client's progress.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement
- Applicants should possess the ability to relate to
individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages,
educational levels, and economic circumstances with respect and
- Effective communication skills, strong time management,
and organizational skills are necessary to manage day to day job
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills are
necessary in order to work effectively and collaboratively with clients,
collaborating agencies, and community professionals, as well as maintaining
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Frequent exposure to unpleasant odors; hearing of
normal and soft tones; close eye work.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement
verbal and physical de-escalation techniques.
D, E, I, & B McNabb Center believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is imperative to our success as an organization. We value recruiting, developing, retaining, and promoting the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Veterans and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
EOE McNabb Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Job Description This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Background Checks McNabb Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing.