Help Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
Join the McNabb Center Team as a PRN Registered Nurse for the Crisis Stabilization Unit in Hamblen County today!
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
The PRN RN at CSU:
- Assists with crisis interventions and medical emergencies, obtains vital signs each shift or more frequently as indicated.
- Administers intramuscular injections, communicate with PCPs during recovery partnership and transition phases, and liaison with other agencies as indicated.
- RN is responsible for triaging referrals, completing RN intake/assessments on all clients admitted during their shift, obtaining urine drug screens, BAL and pregnancy tests on admissions, obtaining admission orders, dispensing routine and PRN medications, taking orders from prescriber and updating MAR, completing electronic and paper charting in a timely manner and participating in treatment team meetings.
- Additionally, RN may take calls from recently discharged clients requesting bridge prescriptions, follow-up calls on weekends, obtain prior authorizations and coordinate with pharmacies.
- Schedule requires 12 hours shifts, rotating weekends, and scheduled holidays.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Mandatory to remain awake and alert during shift.
QUALIFICATIONS - PRN RN
- RN with current Tennessee license and experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- BSN or ANA certification as Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse preferred
Experience / Knowledge:
- Should have sound knowledge of psychiatric medications, diagnoses, treatment modalities and interventions.
- Experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- Experience in working with special populations including individuals with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness and Co-Occurring Disorders preferred.
- Experience working in a crisis setting preferred.
Computer experience is required.
- Must be familiar with basic Microsoft Office skills and EMR.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Helen Ross McNabb Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.