Help Others, Make a
Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a
difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of
choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
Join the McNabb Center
Team as PRN Residential Counselor for the Family Crisis Center today!
The PRN Family
Crisis Center Residential Counselor is responsible for:
- maintaining a safe living space for victims of domestic
violence while providing guidance and support in an effort to create a
- providing supportive counseling and crisis intervention
when appropriate to help clients problem-solve and cope through various
- answering the 24-hour crisis hotline, providing crisis
intervention and information and referrals
- providing transportation for clients
- providing necessary hygiene and household items
- completing client intakes, discharges, safety planning,
and shelter orientations.
- Family Crisis Center is a 24hr, 7 days a week program.
- Position is "as needed" and requires evenings
(4pm-12pm), nights (12am-8am), weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs
of the clients.
- This position requires utilizing a personal dependable
vehicle to conduct Center business.
- Maintaining a dependable vehicle and certified driver
status is a condition of employment.
- "F" endorsement is required.
- Must be able to provide transportation as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS - Family
Crisis Center Residential Counselor
- Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience / Knowledge:
- One year experience in the social work field or a
behavioral health setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence,
crisis, trauma, and mental illness.
- Experience working with victims of domestic or sexual
- This position requires the use of computer skills with
an electronic medical record (EMR) and e-mail.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal to soft tones and close eye
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement
verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable
transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's license,
and transport clients.
Helen Ross McNabb Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Helen Ross McNabb
Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree
verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean
drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain
programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants
are encouraged to apply.