Others, Make a Difference, Save a Life.
you want to make a difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of choices in where you work…make the decision
to work where you are valued!
the McNabb Center Team as Customer Service and Benefits Specialist in Sevier
Service and Benefits Specialist:
- Provides daily response to all
phone calls directed to Sevier County Outpatient Services, including providing
messages/notes to nurses for calls related to medication questions, answering
questions of next scheduled medication appointments, rescheduling medication
appointments, and other related phone calls.
- Maintain schedule for all
Sevier clinic staff and prescribers in order to ensure productivity standards
- Provide reminder phone calls to all patients 24 hours prior to
- Assist staff to meet set productivity standards
within compliance of HRMC policy and procedures.
- Maintain medical charts, send
items to be scanned into Centricity to Medical Records at Children and Youth
Center, as well as Adult Center.
- Complete all client benefits
requirements at intake and overall make the intake process more
- Will manage Intake Log, Magellan Reporting, and Client
- Will manage co pays with cash and credit cards.
keep up with all pay sources to ensure they are current and correctly recorded
- Will be up to date on CNF forms and send to scanning.
salary for this position is approximately $14.76 /hr based on relevant
experience and education.
- Monday -
Friday 8am - 5pm
- Some travel may be required between McNabb
computer skills are required for email, time keeping, scheduling, and
documentation in the electronic medical record.
QUALIFICATIONS - Customer
Service and Benefits Specialist
- High School diploma or equivalent degree or experience in the area of
reception, administrative duties, scheduling responsibilities.
Experience / Knowledge:
experience working face to face with individuals in an office/clinic setting.
exposure to biological hazards.
- Hearing of normal/soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- CPR and First Aid
certification required (training provided).
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement verbal
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Clinical staff may be required to get an F endorsement to transport
clients as necessary.
Apply today to work where we care about you as an
employee and where your hard work makes a difference!
Helen Ross McNabb
Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment.
Helen Ross McNabb
background checks, driver's license record, degree verification, and drug
screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background
check, and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB
Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.