Help Others, Make a
Difference, Save a Life.
Do you want to make a
difference in people's lives every day?
Or help people navigate the tough spots in their life?
And do it all while working where your hard work is appreciated?
You have a lot of
choices in where you work…make the decision to work where you are valued!
Join the McNabb Center
Team as a School Based Liaison today!
The ideal School
- serves as the primary clinician that provides
counseling/liaison services to a predetermined number of children/youth
and families in the Hamblen, Claiborne, and Grainger County School
- works alongside schools to create a trauma informed
school climate, provide consultation and training to staff, and deliver
direct therapeutic mental health services to selected schools while
providing linkage and coordination to additional wrap around
- provides weekly individual and family psycho-therapy to
children and adolescents ages 4-21 with a mental health diagnosis.
- provides psycho-social assessments for clients and
provides diagnosis and appropriate referrals for clients assessed, as
- provides crisis intervention and emergency services as
- interfaces with the school system and other agencies to
increase cooperation and consistency between home, school, and
COMPENSATION: Starting salary for this position is
approximately $45,080/yr based on relevant experience and education for full
time. PRN position may also be available with separate pay scale.
- Outpatient clinic is
open from 8am-5pm.
- Position requires timely in person attendance on daily
- School based liaison would also follow the schedule of the school that
they are assigned.
- Family sessions would typically be in the evening hours.
- School based liaisons weekly schedule must be flexible to meet the needs of the
client, family, and school.
- Position does require
- You may be asked to transport clients in your personal vehicle during a
crisis situation, for a family session, or to an appointment.
- An F endorsement
is required for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS - School
- Master's degree in Human Services or related field with
coursework or experience in the areas of cultural diversity, human
development, etiology and treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug
abuse, physical and sexual abuse, and developmental / intellectual
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in mental health
service provision and leadership.
Experience / Knowledge:
- One year experience preferred.
- Experience working with children is preferred although
applicants may have other skills and experiences that could accommodate
- This person will either possess experience or training
in the Re-Education Philosophy or will acquire such training in the course
- Basic computer skills are required for email,
scheduling, timekeeping as well as electronic medical records.
- Minimal exposure to biological hazards.
- Frequent exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Hearing of normal to soft tones and close eye work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping,
- CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Required to be certified in and adequately implement
verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Applicants should be able to exercise sound judgement
- Clinical staff members must possess reliable
transportation, the ability to acquire an F endorsement on driver's
license, and transport clients.
Apply today to work
where we care about you as an employee and where your hard work makes a
Helen Ross McNabb Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Helen Ross McNabb
Center conducts background checks, driver's license record, degree
verification, and drug screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean
drug screen, background check, and driving record. Additionally, certain
programs are subject to TB Screening and/or testing. Bilingual applicants
are encouraged to apply.